The project scope involved the replacement of approximately 30,000 of the approximately 100,000 lineal feet of sealants in 26 separate “drops”. The work encompassed the identification of failed sealants by elevation and the removal and replacement of the demarcated sealants with new sealants on all four elevations of the building. STRBR/ SEG specified, identified and observed the removal and reinstallation of new, surface-applied SONOLASTIC® NP 2™ multiple-component high-performance polyurethane sealant over existing backer rod materials over a 60 day remediation schedule.
- Owner: Hamilton Partners
- Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
- Lead Consultants: Tony Loden and Chris Shields
- STR/SEG Design Team: Randy Marquardt
- Delivery Method: Owner's Representative
- Project Budget: $465,000.00
- Completion Date: 10/10/2009